- Active Ingredient:Sildenafil Citrate
- Indication:Erectile Dysfunction
- Manufacturer:Fortune Healthcare
- Packaging:10 Tablets in 1 Strip
- Delivery Time:6 To 15 Days
- Availability:In Stock
Last Updated on Aug 29, 2021
- This page’s content is not intended to be a replacement for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
- Please consult a doctor if you have any queries or concerns regarding your health.
- Fildena 100 is manufactured by Fortune Healthcare in India.
Fildena 100 (Sildenafil)
- Fildena 100 is a generic brand of medication containing the active ingredient Sildenafil citrate, it is the active component of the branded and famous erectile dysfunction treatment known as Viagra.
- It is used as an oral treatment for treating erectile dysfunction or impotence in men who are above the age of 18 years and are diagnosed with the inability to have erections, commonly known as erectile dysfunction or simply ED.
How do men get erections after the treatment of erectile dysfunction using Fildena 100?
- Usually, when men are not suffering from erectile dysfunction, they get erections after any form of physical, mental or emotional sexual stimulation.
- When a man is stimulated nitric oxide is released in his private region the penile shaft.
- The guanylate cyclase enzyme is activated due to the release of nitric oxide.
- This enzyme initiates the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
- The cGMP cycle ensures the proper amount of blood flow towards the penis and this rush of the blood to the penis makes the penis hard and erect and thus leads to erections.
- This flow of blood towards the penis which is essential for having erections is restricted due to the phosphodiesterase-5(PDE5) enzyme in men who suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Due to the lack of blood flow towards the penis in the presence of the PDE5 enzymes, such men are unable to have erections and enjoy a normal sexual life with their partners.
- Fildena 100 is effective in treating erectile dysfunction because it contains Sildenafil which is a PDE5 inhibitor.
- So, when the man consumes a tablet of Fildena 100 containing the PDE5 inhibitor Sildenafil citrate, then the production of the cyclic guanosine monophosphate is increased.
- This cGMP then expands the blood vessels lining the corpora cavernosa of the penis and a greater amount of blood flows towards the penis and the man has penile erections successfully.
- It is important to note that Fildena 100 is a low-cost erectile dysfunction oral treatment that will only prove effective if the man is aroused in the first place.
How to Use Fildena 100 oral tablets to treat erectile dysfunction?
- Fildena 100 tablets are to be taken when you want to enjoy sexual intimacy with your partner, one hour prior is the ideal time as this tablet takes about 20 minutes to 60 minutes to starts its effects and stays effective for up to four hours.
- You have to take this tablet with water, you can even have food along with it. But heavy meals, especially the ones including fatty food which increase the duration of the onset time for this tablet, thus it is best if you avoid them.
- Maintaining a 24 hours gap between two doses of Fildena 100 is a must to avoid the risk of side effects as well as overdose.
What are the side-effects of using Sildenafil citrate in the form of Fildena 100 tablets to treat erectile dysfunction?
The common side-effects of using Fildena 100 are listed below:
- Flushing of the face
- Blurry vision
- Blue-tinted vision
- Inability to tell apart the blue & green color.
- Stuffed nose
- Runny nose
- Muscular pain
- Back pain
- Upset stomach
Some serious side-effects that may occur after the use of Fildena 100 are:
- Shortness of breath
- Foamy mucus
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swollen hands
- Swollen feet
- Swollen ankles
- The ringing of the ears (RARE)
- Serious changes in the vision (RARE)
- Priapism (RARE)
This list offers a brief overview of the possible side-effects of Fildena 100 table containing Sildenafil citrate, ask your doctor for a detailed list of side-effects.
What are the medications which interact with Sildenafil citrate (Fildena-100) tablets?
- Propatyl Nitrates
- Amyl Nitrite
- Erythrityl Tetranitrate
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate
Please inform your doctor about all the drugs and medications that you are using before you begin using Fildena 100 for your treatment.
Some Precautions and Warnings which you must be aware of before using Fildena 100 mg:
- When you are planning to use Fildena 100 for enjoying coitus with your partner, do not consume alcohol along with it.
- Sildenafil citrate and alcohol simply do not combine well and will bring down your blood pressure which may make you faint.
- It will also make your erectile dysfunction’s condition worse.
- Please do not take or continue using Fildena 100 if you observe or have experienced any allergic reaction to this drug Sildenafil citrate such as rashes on your body, hives, swelling of the lips, face and tongue.
- Please consult with your doctor about the allergic reactions to your body after using this doctor prior to the administration of this drug.
- Please do not use Fildena 100 with any other PDE5 inhibitors such as Vardenafil and Tadalafil as it may do more harm than good to your body.
- Also, do not use this medication with other prescription that contains Sildenafil citrate such as Cenforce 100 or Viagra.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fildena 100 (Sildenafil citrate):
Is Fildena 100 (Sildenafil Citrate) as good as Viagra?
- Yes, as both Viagra and Fildena 100 contains the same PDE5 inhibitor Sildenafil citrate, both are equally effective in treating erectile dysfunction.
- Fildena is also popular as Generic Viagra and is available at a much cheaper price than Viagra.
How long will Fildena 100 (Sildenafil) last?
- After you consume Fildena 100 tablets, this medication starts its effects on your body within a minimum of 20 to 60 minutes, it stays effective for about four hours.
Does Fildena-100 (Sildenafil citrate) raise blood pressure?
- No, Fildena 100 containing Sildenafil citrate acts as PDE5 inhibitors.
- Hence they expand the blood vessels by relaxing the muscles, this lowers down the pressure of your blood.
- Therefore, it does not raise the blood pressure, but on the contrary, lowers it down.
- Due to this, it is recommended that you do not use this medication with other drugs that lower down your blood pressure such as nitrates and poppers.